- Disney Surprises Viewers
- Ken Sanders Remembers The Original Monkey Wrencher
- Pre-K Schools Operate With Little Oversight
The first thing you may want to know about me is how to pronounce my first name, Aodhan. You wouldn’t be the first to wonder the correct pronunciation, which is simply AI – d eh n, it’s Celtic in origin, but now onto more important things.
I am 21-years-old and in my last undergraduate semester at the University of Utah. My degree will be a Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication. I completed my Associates of Science degree while in high school and was able to garner a scholarship to attend the University of Utah. I’m contemplating furthering my education with a law degree, but have yet to make that decision.
I’ve lived in Utah for around nine years, having lived in Washington State and Montana previously. I’m an avid outdoors enthusiast with my main interests being snowboarding and cycling. I’ve worked in the outdoor and alternative sports industry with companies such as backcountry.com and Zumiez inc. My personal experience and knowledge of the industries really helped me excel with these companies.
I’m very excited to be graduating and look forward to further developing my skills professionally.
|– Proven performance as a strong member of Maintenance, Sales and Copywriting teams.- Very strong team player with great work ethic, attitude, and interpersonal relations.- Ability to understand unfamiliar technical challenges, while performing in accordance with expectations.- Track record of exceeding job expectations, with a strong desire to learn more.|
|Advertising Assistant Internship, Crestware Inc.||01/10/2012—current|
North Salt Lake City, Utah
– Reviewed and prepared marketing content.
– Wrote and edited copy for marketing use
– Managed marketing projects, including: Preparing detailed instructions for those creating layouts or pictures for catalog use. Responding to questions posed by those creating content for marketing, ensuring projects were being completed on-time and to exact specifications
|Visual Merchandising Assistant, Tilly’s||11/22/2011—current|
– Assisted in store layout and visual updates
– Managed incoming inventory
– Kept store clean and presentable
– Completed projects in a timely and exact fashion
|Copy Contractor, Backcountry.com||01/01/2010—10/05/2010|
|Park City, Utah– Responsibilities are identical to copywriter internship below.|
|Copywriter Internship, Backcountry.com||10/05/2009—12/31/2009|
|Park City, Utah- Ensured every product on Backcountry.com and their other websites had a description that focuses on the product’s unique benefits and contained information helping the customer make an informed purchase.– Gathered product information, including: Talking to people that use the gear, vendor representatives, physically inspecting gear, and using it myself.– Copyedited web content for print catalog use, and wrote new print catalog content.
– Wrote and edited marketing content.
|Sales and Floor Layout, Zumiez Inc.||04/15/2008 — 05/25/2009|
|Layton, Utah- Managed incoming inventory- Assisted in floor layout and building and moving- Worked closely with Management and to increase sales (Consistently was in the top 3 in total monthly sales)
– Sales experience in Snow/Skate hardgoods and softgoods
|Maintenance Technician, Xcel Fitness||02/05/2007 — 06/28/2007|
|Bountiful, Utah- Responsible for cleaning 15,000 sq/ft Fitness Facility-Maintained gym floors and equipment-Cleaned Bathrooms and Locker Rooms- Trash Duties- Internal and Externals Windows
– Waxed and maintained Floors
|– B.S. Degree in Mass Communication at the University of Utah (will be complete May, 2012)– Associates Degree from Weber State University, Maintained a 3.3 GPA- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Dreamweaver- Proficient with Interchange backend system
– Interests include: snowboarding, skateboarding, backpacking and mountain biking
References Available Upon Request