- $250,000 Awarded to the Moran Eye Center
- Marriott Library Hopes to Facilitate Environmental Awareness with Edward Abbey Exhibit
- City Creek Center Helping Small Businesses Downtown
B.S. Mass Communication – December 2012 University of Utah -Salt Lake City, Utah
Florence University of the Arts – Florence, Italy – Fall 2011
ISA Study Abroad
- Studying language, culinary art and cultural communication.
- Increased sense of global perspective and quickly acclimated to new environment, culture and types of people.
The Gap 2009-Present – Salt Lake City, Utah
Visual Merchandiser & Sales Associate
- Successfully created visual displays that showcase current styles and trends.
- Work on commission, which enables me to set goals for myself.
- Expanded my communication skills by working with a team of over 40 people. Gave presentations to my store and district manager.
- Assisted with shipment orders, processing incoming merchandise in an organized and efficient manner.
- Developed acute customer-service skills by selling product and store credit card.
- Increased skills in working in a fast-paced, high-demand environment.
International Studies Abroad – January 2012-Present – Salt Lake City, Utah
- Give presentations in classrooms and at college fairs to promote ISA and studying abroad.
- Advise students who are interested in studying abroad.
- Create booths at Internship Fairs and Study Abroad Fairs on campus.
- Increased my organizational and communicational skills by having to correspond with many different students, professors and study abroad advisors.
Parkview Elementary – 2008-2009 – West Valley City, Utah
First Grade Classroom Assistant
- Assisted teachers in daily educational programs and enrichment activities.
- Developed effective, age-appropriate communication techniques.
- Improved leadership abilities and motivational communication.
I am originally from South Burlington, Vermont and moved to Utah when I was a junior in high school. I am now a junior at the University of Utah study Mass Communication. After I graduate in December of 2012, I hope to get a job in the event management field.
During the fall semester of 2011, I studied abroad in Florence, Italy where I lived and traveld for four months. Once returning home I became a Global Ambassador for International Studies Abroad. With this position, I advise future study abroad students and advertise for the company on campus.
I was recently offered an internship for the summer of 2012 working for an event planning company, White Ginger Events. I hope this will be the beginning of my many endeavors working in event management.